Pumpables Universal Backflow Protectors provide backflow protection for your breast pump. Comes in a pack of 2 full backflow protector sets.
The Pumpables Universal Backflow Protector is a little champion, sitting between your breastshield and tubing and making sure no milk can backflow down the tubing and potentially cause issues inside your pump motor. Breast pumps that have no backflow protection ("open systems") are prone to mould build up inside tubing and pump - which is no good for the pump and definitely no good for your precious milk!
Long Stem or Short Stem Backflow Protector?
Whether or not you choose the short stem or long stem sizing option will depend on the breastshield that you are using:
- If you are using a Pumpables Genie connector (included with the Genie Plus) or a Spectra-style breastshield, then your breastshield is already designed to take a backflow protector and you should choose the short stem option.
- If you are using our Pumpables Universal All-In-One Breastshield or a Medela-style breastshield, then you need the longer stem on our long stem option, so that the backflow protector can reach the opening on the breastshield.
Note - if you want to be able to swap between Spectra-style and Medela-style shields, choose the short stem option and also purchase the Pumpables Spectra-Medela Adaptor (sold separately). The short stem will not directly fit to Medela breastshields - you need the adaptor.
Please take a close look at the images in the product gallery so this makes sense, or get in touch if you're not sure.
Each pack comes with 2 complete backflow protector sets. All Pumpables parts are free of BPA and other nasties.
Short Stem work with these breastshields:
- Pumpables Genie breastshields
- Spectra-style breastshields
Long Stem OR Short Stem with Shield Adaptor works with these breastshields:
- Pumpables Universal All-In-One breastshield
- Medela-style breastshields
Does NOT work with these breastshields:
All Pumpables parts in contact with your milk are free from BPA, phthalates and other nasties.
I love the long stem for the universal flange as I no longer need the additional piece to extend the backflow into the flange! Great price for 2 also!
The peices sometimes pop apart which is frustrating and I can't seem to keep the tubing attached tightly, so have to be pretty still when pumping. Otherwise works fine.
Great to be able to buy replacement parts when mine broke!