Did you know that you can make a hands-free pumping bra at home? All you need is an old sports bra and a pair of scissors. Watch as Abby, The Badass Breastfeeder, walks us through the process of making a DIY hands-free pumping bra!
You will need:
- A basic sports bra or other old bra you don’t mind cutting up. Make sure it’s form-fitting enough to hold the flanges snugly to your breast as you pump.
- A marker.
- Pair of scissors.
- Put the bra on and feel for where your nipples are.
- Use the marker to put a dot on the location of the nipple.
- Take the bra off and fold it in half horizontally so that the dots are on the fold line.
- Cut a small slit (2-3cm) vertically down into the fold line
- Put the bra on, and the two small slits should form oval shaped openings around your nipples.
- Slide the breastshield under the bra and through the slit, then attach your bottle.
- You’re ready to pump hands-free!
Go completely hands-free with a small, light-weight and portable breast pump like the Milk Genie! Our line of breastshields are compatible with most major breast pump brands, too.