Pumpables is a new company on a mission to bring innovation to the breast pump space. It’s time for a better breast pump, right? As a brand that wants to be right in touch with our audience, a strong social media presence so that people know about us and understand what we’re doing is part of our DNA. We’re looking for a social media manager who will have an impeccable understanding of who we are and what we want to do, and will be passionate about growing our brand identity and getting us heard on social media.
A large part of what we want to do is be there for mums. Whether they’re looking at our products or not, if someone is struggling with Pumping, we want to be the first ones there to see how we can help.
Before we go further, please understand that this role needs to be filled by someone who understands that making better breast pumps is important! Making it easier for mums to give babies breastmilk reduces stress in new mums, improves infant health and just generally makes the world a better place 😉 You will need to understand our audience, our messaging and the way that our products fit into people’s lives.
As a social media manager, you’ll need to:
- Love social media! This is the most important thing. We want someone that naturally loves engaging with people across social platforms, can intuitively sense what content will resonate with our audience and has the drive to go and make/source that content.
- Be bubbly, enthusiastic, caring and a people person! At Pumpables we’re passionate about better breast pumps and making life easier, and we need you to represent that.
- Form key relationships with influencers across all social media platforms.
- Recognise, appreciate and apply a set tone of voice, ensuring that the Pumpables Brand is consistent across all channels.
- Manage all social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Plan content and delivery and use tools like Buffer, Hootsuite and Asana to manage multiple social media channels.
- Run paid-for marketing strategies that compliment our monthly content strategy, under guidance from the Marketing Director.
- Develop and manage competitions and campaigns that promote your organisation and brand.
- Write engaging blog posts and articles.
- Create engaging multimedia content such as videos, and/or outsource this effectively.
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions.
- Monitor and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics. Use learnings to improve our strategies / suggest improvements in other areas of the business to aid our Social efforts.
- Manage others such as a content writer or marketing assistant.
- Educate other staff on the use of social media and promote its use within Pumpables.
- Work with various departments in-house, including customer service & a wider marketing team, and be confident in knowing how your role will impact theirs.
Basis of employment
- We are a Singapore registered company working as a distributed team and our team members work on a contractor basis.
- 20-25 hours per week.
- Once part of the team, you will be need to register a self-employed in your country of residence, and invoice us for payment.
- You will report into both our Marketing Director and the CEO.
- Working remotely in a global organisation, you will find that you need to manage your hours somewhat (ie. be available for a call with someone in Australia in the early evening). Although please don’t let that put you off! We work incredibly hard on ensuring people have a fantastic work/life balance.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required
- 2 + years of experience of social media management experience
- Being a mother (or parent) is a huge help when talking to other mothers, but if you are compassionate, caring and willing to learn the main pain points of pumping you’ll be great too.
- Being great at Photoshop would be a plus! But not a requirement.
What it’s like to work at Pumpables
Pumpables is a bootstrapped, self funded company determined to become known for bringing innovation to breast pumps. After decades of a complete lack of innovation in this space, times are a’changing and there are now startups and new ideas popping up everywhere. We are a woman dominated team who has been working in this space for years and we have a passion and understanding of what our customers’ pain points are that can’t be beaten.
We’re committed to maintaining a flexible, results orientated workplace. We need you to truly care about our success. Although you’ll be able to manage your own time more than 99% of companies would allow you to, we all work just as hard as we would if we were heading to a central office every day. If you’re looking for an easy job, then this probably isn’t it!
Women make up about 80% of our team, which is heavily weighted towards customer service, and we have team members in UK, US, Philippines, Spain, Australia and more. We are a bootstrapped, cash flow positive business in a position now to really take it to the next level.
We’re friendly, enthusiastic, and we’re building products that truly help people. So if are serious about wanting to help change the world for the better then get in touch!
How to apply
To get started, make yourself a cup of tea and fill out the application form below:APPLY HERE
We’ll be in touch after that. Good luck!